Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
Rock & roll is a diverse and inclusive art form that mirrors and shapes the times. Artists have been a voice of change and advocates for social justice for generations and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame shares this through our intentional curation of exhibits, programs, and outreach. The Rock Hall values all by embracing talents, perspectives, and experiences. We intentionally foster a diverse and equitable environment that encourages creativity and innovation by valuing, empowering, and respecting all people. We provide all Team Members equal access to information, development, and opportunity. By creating an environment that welcomes all, where each person feels accepted, appreciated, and safe, we aim to leverage our Team and grow its diverse people, skills, and ideas.
Our definition of diversity encompasses structural, social, and cultural differences that form the basis of inequality in our society, including race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, ability, religious beliefs, citizenship status, country of origin, and other ideologies.
Externally, the Rock Hall is committed to the intentional development of exhibits, programs, and outreach through our digital platforms, the museum, and community work. We work with and advocate for individuals, communities, organizations, and businesses to create a vibrant, inclusive environment and are dedicated to using strategies that benefit and shape all of our collective futures. We do this by:
- Focusing on diverse and relevant experiences that reach and grow new audiences.
- Sharing the stories of diverse artists, artifacts, genres, and themes.
- Reducing barriers to entry to under-served communities.
- The equitable inclusion in all contracting and procurement opportunities to develop a sustainable workforce.
Internally, the Rock Hall is intentional in our evaluation of and hiring of staff, vendors, partners, and board appointments. Our Team Members are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our Team invests in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and institutional achievement as well. The Rock Hall’s Team Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives are applicable to, but not limited to, our practices and policies; team recruitment, promotions, compensation, and benefits; professional development and training; social and recreational programs; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is more than just a policy. It supports our mission and defines our future.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114